Another weekend is almost here, and I have the perfect treat to spice up your family movie night! Sweet, salty, and crunchy, this popcorn recipe is super addicting. And it comes together really quick! No constant stirring and no candy thermometers. Just boil, pour, and bake. You can even call it healthy caramel popcorn because it doesn’t have any refined sugar in it, and the coconut oil gives you some healthy fat. Its like eating a salad, kinda. But so much better!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 batch of air-popped popcorn or 8 cups of plain popcorn
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. (easy clean up, you can thank me later)
- Pop your popcorn in a large bowl.
- Put the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, let it simmer for five minutes.
- Pour over the popcorn! (I usually pour about half, stir it in, and then pour the other half)
- Spread the corn over your cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for .03 seconds and then STUFF YOUR FACE!!
See how easy that is! It’s almost too easy…as in I have to talk myself out of making it all the time! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Comment below what recipes you’d like to see on my blog!